- 3/4 packet of Macaroni (preferably Fusilli)
- Cheese ( Choose the one with different cheese in a packet)
- 150g of ham
- One small bottle of Prego carbonara sauce or any other cream sauce for spaghetti
You may refer to this picture to get your ingredients
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add in some salt. Add the macaroni and boil it till it becomes slightly soft, not too soggy because you still have to stir fry it and bake it.
- Slice the ham and mushrooms
- Melt some butter in the pan and add in the sliced ham and mushrooms. stir fry it till the mushrooms are fully cooked.
- Add in the boiled macaroni and 3/4 bottle or more of the Prego sauce.
- Add in a bowl of water if it is too dry, and make sure that all the ingredients are covered in sauce.
- Add in some cheese and stir fry till the cheese melts and the macaroni softens.
- Transfer the ingredients and macaroni into a baking dish, or a metal plate.
- Cover the top of the macaroni with more cheese. (You may add more according to your preference)
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Place your baking dish into the oven to bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or till the top layer of the cheese turns golden brown.
Here are some of the pictures that I took while cooking, you may refer to this for a clearer picture.
Ingredients ready to be cooked
How the macaroni should look like after stir frying. It should be moist, not dry.
After placing a layer of cheese at the top
Baking in progress, see the cheese melting
After about 5 mins you'll see that the cheese starts to turn a little golden brown. Continue to bake it till it is totally brown.
Tadah the end product after baking for about 10 mins
Look at the shreds of cheese. You may want to add more cheese at the top if you're a cheese lover
Alright, these are the ingredients and simple steps to whip up a delicious Mac and Cheese meal. Do try it out and let me know if you liked my rendition of Mac and Cheese. Do leave a comment to let me know if you're tried it! :)
Have fun trying out my recipe!